Nci client feedback
NCI In-house Training Clients
NCI has conducted in-house trainings for the following:
- Atlanta Regional Commission
- Arizona Department of Transportation
- Association of Professional Community Planners of Saskatchewan
- Baltimore County Office of Planning
- Canada Mortgage and Housing Company
- City of Portland Bureau of Planning
- City of Providence, Rhode Island
- City of San Diego, Community Planning and Development
- City of Santa Monica Housing and Redevelopment
- Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission
- Memphis and Shelby County Division of Planning & Development
- New York Department of Transportation
- Regional Planning Commission of Greater Birmingham
- Sacramento Housing and Redevelopment Agency
- Sacramento Regional Transit Authority
- Sarasota County Florida Planning Services
- US Department of Defense Office of Economic Adjustment
- US Environmental Protection Agency
- US General Services Administration
- US Navy- Southern Division Naval Facilities Architecture Branch
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority
“I recently hosted a two-day NCI training class for 35 GSA project managers, representing each of GSA's eleven regional offices. Bill taught the group insightful concepts, tools, and techniques for incorporating public input into the design of federal projects. As part of the course, we used a series of ongoing GSA projects, which included new courthouses, border stations, and area plans. Bill taught the course in an interactive way and was quite responsive to the needs of these federal projects and their peculiar set of parameters. He presented a nuanced and adaptable approach that was of tremendous value to our project managers. We intend to implement the plans that we developed for these projects during the class and I intend to host additional NCI workshops for other GSA audiences in the near future. I would recommend NCI and Bill Lennertz without reservation for this type of work.”
“Since the training, we conducted several charrettes that have successfully engaged the public in the creation of our countywide master plans while achieving our original goal of reducing our time line. I strongly recommend NCI’s certification training as a solid investment that will increase team productivity, heighten the quality of planning products and improve the public’s trust in the community planning process.”
"Members of my staff and I attended the "Introduction to Dynamic Planning" seminar and we all felt that we immediately gained knowledge that we can use to improve our work. We attended specifically to gain an understanding of the process for application to our groundbreaking zoning ordinance rewrite here in Maryland, which will include a mandatory Charrette process. The course gave me everything I needed and more. Thank you really for all of your unbelievable help and assistance."
Private Consulting Firms
- Glatting Jackson
- Greenhorne & O’Mara
- HDR, Inc.
- Mason and Hanger, Inc.
- Matrix Architects Engineers Planners, Inc.
- Michael Baker Jr., Corp.
- Nederveld Associates
- The Onyx Group
- The World Bank
- URS Corporation
- Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc.
“This is a fabulous tool for stakeholder engagement. It was useful for the development of internal programs and projects as well as the design/planning scenario it was originally developed for. Thank you.”
“Very applicable to how we do our work! Tools and techniques that we learned over the past three days will help improve VHB’s practice!”
"This was everything I had hoped it would be and more. The URS people have spoken very highly to me about the training and the trainer."
NCI Public Trainings with Partners
NCI has held public trainings in partnership with the following:
- Arizona State University
- Australian Council for New Urbanism (ACNU)
- Building Research Establishment, Ltd, UK
- California Chapter of the American Planning Association, Central Coast Section
- California Chapter of the APA, San Diego Section/Council of Design Professionals
- Congress for the New Urbanism Michigan (MiCNU)
- Harvard University Graduate School of Design Executive Education Program
- The Congress for the New Urbanism
- University of Hertfordshire Centre for Sustainable Communities, UK
- University of Miami Knight Program in Community Building
- Urban Land Institute, Baltimore District Council
- Urban Land Institute, Orange County District Council
- Virginia Tech University Executive Education Program
"NCI is a great resource that I can point people to. Thanks for building up this effort. Keep up the super work."
"A year and a half after the Charrette Training [Continuing Dynamic Planning] and the Public Meeting training [NCI Public Meeting Facilitation], I have seamlessly integrated what I learned into my professional practice. My clients noticed the difference, the staff has noticed the difference and our communities have noticed the difference. This training is not a one-shot in and out proposition, but rather the type of training that truly is a career-changing event. It's a good business decision as well. I find myself calling almost daily on something from the training sessions."
"Please know that I thoroughly enjoyed the workshop. The material is so helpful for those of us working to ensure that communities have the opportunities to participate in decisions that impact them. I wholeheartedly recommend your organization's workshops to my associates. Thank you!"